Cohoes Portfolio Building Workshop
Come out and join Capital Region designers and design educators for an evening workshop on building your design portfolio on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 from 6–9pm at The Foundry in Cohoes, NY.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND: You will receive insight from local design educators, professional designers, and potential employers. This event is a great opportunity to learn new things, as well as network and become aware of who's who in your local design community.
WHO IS SPEAKING AT THIS EVENT: We've got a great lineup of leading area designers speaking on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Jennifer Wilkerson :: Aurora Design — "Get a Life"
- Sara Tack :: Smith & Jones — "The Interview/Portfolio Presentation"
- Alana Sparrow :: The Foundry for Art, Design + Culture — "The Business of Creativity"
- Derek Slayton :: Trampoline — "The Art of Presentation"
- Benjamin Shown :: Tectonic — "Measure Twice, Cut Once"
- Natalie Semczuk :: Mohawk Fine Papers — "Mind the Gap: Navigating the Space Between College and Career"
- Millie Rossman :: Mt. Holyoke College — "Goldilocks and the First Job: Finding One that's just Right"
- Michael Oatman :: School of Architecture, Rensselaer — "Go Big and Go Home
- Kelly McMurray :: 2communique — "Get Connected: The Importance of Networking"
- Sean Hovendick :: Sage College of Albany — "You Need a Website!"
- Taylor Gillis : Troy Cloth & Paper — "Carving Your Own Path"
- Marty Bohunicky :: Working Pictures — "Design with Purpose"
- Doug Bartow :: id29 — "5 Things Young Designers Need to Know"
WHO CAN ATTEND: The workshop is open to college students.
Stay updated throughout the evening with #AIGAUPSTNY
Generously sponsored by: