Attention AIGA Upstate New York Members-
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our members across Upstate New York, our Chapter is suspending all in-person programming until further notice. Our volunteer Board has given this significant consideration and, after reviewing recent guidance from global and national health institutions regarding COVID-19, we believe this is the right approach.
Our volunteer Board is in the process of developing a plan that will allow our upcoming portfolio reviews to take place online. This plan should be in place by next week and we’ll follow up with an additional message detailing the online portfolio review process.
As always, we encourage you to join our Slack channel aigaupstateny.slack.com
for important conversations and updates. This Friday, we’ll be hosting an
AMA session with our own Co-President Shauna Keating! She’s been working
remotely for more than a year and will provide some timely and relevant
We encourage all of you to stay informed about COVID-19 and take the necessary precautions to stay healthy. While there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, the following steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thanks for your attention and feel free to reach out to AIGA Upstate New York leadership via our Slack channel: aigaupstateny.slack.com
Andrew Gregory and Shauna Keating
Co-Presidents, AIGA Upstate New York