The Department of Art at the State University of New York at Oswego announces the opening of a two-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in Graphic Design.
- Posting Date: June 3, 2014
- Review Date: Review of applications will begin July 1, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience
- Date of Appointment: August 2014
Description of Responsibilities:
- Primary teaching responsibilities are the introduction to graphic design and typography.
- Additional teaching responsibility includes expanding knowledge of diversity, historical, theoretical, critical and contemporary global/multicultural practices in the visual arts.
- Departmental responsibilities include being involved with advisement, mentoring students in internship, and working with the student club.
- Graduate level degree in graphic design or related field.
- An active art/graphic design career as evidenced by current work, publications and exhibitions.
- Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of contemporary and critical issues in visual art, the role of emerging media and technology in contemporary 2D, 3D and 4D art.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, teaching and leadership ability, and a collaborative working style.
- Proficiency in Macintosh computer environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection.
- MFA concentration in graphic design or related field.
- Successful teaching at university level.
- Ability to promote students’ success in a multicultural and global community.
- Ability to teach in motion graphics, multimedia, web design, or history of graphic design is highly desirable.
- Commercial experience in the field.
To Apply: Submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, a copy of unofficial transcripts, resume/curriculum vitae, sample syllabi for three classes, and list of three references with contact information electronically to http://oswego.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=49732
Interested applicants should provide for review 10-20 examples of personal creative work and 10-20 examples of student work (if available). These materials can be online or burn to disk. Disks can be mailed to: Graphic Design Search, Art Department, SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY, 13126. For return of materials, please include a SASE.
Works examples or questions can be directed to Cynthia Clabough, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315/312-2111.
Official transcripts are required prior to hiring.